Convenience Store Shelving, Convenience Store Shelving, Convenience Store Shelving Convenience Store Shelving
- Peg hooks are typically best for impulse items and hanging merchandise.
- Flat shelves will keep smaller merchandise from falling.
- Wire shelves are more transparent and easier to clean and keep dust free.
- Make sure price ticket rails and inserts fit on the shelves you purchase. It is best to order your PTR’s from the same supplier of your shelves.
- Back panels. Go with all metal back panels. They last much longer and you won’t have to worry about them getting wet and expanding.
The length of the gondola runs should depend on the overall size of your store. Gondolas usually come in 30″, 36″, and 48″ sections, so you can lay your run out to within 6″ of your permitted space. Remember, to design your gondola layout so that the aisles are visible from the sales counter and the attendants can keep an eye on merchandise. Many times, store owners will place the gondolas in diagonal positions for this reason.